On-Site Massage for Stress Release
Learn a simple, safe and effective chair-based massage to relax and de-stress friends and family. This introductory routine includes shiatsu massage techniques for the back, neck, shoulders and arms. On-Site massage is given through clothes and is suitable for working on a chair at home.
You will learn how to:
- Give a simple and effective on-site back massage
- Release muscular stress and tension
- Safely apply acupressure and massage techniques
- Recognise when massage is contraindicated
- How to give a massage through clothing
- Recognise bony structures of the back through touch
Who is this workshop suitable for?
All levels welcome. Previous bodywork experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Do I have to bring anything with me?
There will be handouts given out but bring pen and paper for additional notes. It is advisable to bring disposable antiseptic wipes.
Wear appropriate clothes to give and receive on-site massage i.e. loose comfortable trousers, short or long sleeved top and low heeled, non-slip shoes. Please ensure that your nails are short.
When I’ve finished, what course can I do next?
This workshop can be used as an introductory course to go on to one of the professional diploma courses in massage and complementary therapies held at the City Lit.