Remote shiatsu energy work and guided self-shiatsu
Ideal for those who are self-isolating, shielding or staying ‘Covid-safe’.
Online Shiatsu is an effective way to enhance physical and mental well-being from the comfort of your own home. The general aim is to reduce and eliminate symptoms, restore equilibrium and well-being and strengthen the immune system. Specific issues are also addressed as every session is specifically tailored for you and your self-care.
Doe approaches symptoms as part of a bigger picture of the relationship between mind, body, spirit and the environment. She brings 40 years of experience of working in this field with intuitive guidance to every session.
How can shiatsu benefit me?
Shiatsu is ideal for people of all ages and addresses acute symptoms and chronic conditions. Below are some of the many benefits of online shiatsu:
Would you like to:
- Relieve pain and muscle tension
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Feel grounded and more like ‘yourself’
- Boost your immune system
- Uplift your mood
- Improve posture and mobility
- Address muscular-skeletal issues
- Feel relaxed and revitalized
- Promote rehabilitation
- Feel supported on your personal life journey
What can I expect in a session?
- A case history of your current and previous health
- An assessment to identify areas of physical, emotional and energetic tension
- A treatment that consists of:
- Guided learning: self-acupressure, self-massage, stretches, joint mobilisations and visualisation
- Remote shiatsu: rebalance and re-alignment by connecting and treating meridians (as if face to face)
- Suggested home-care practise
- A recording of the session on request
Supporting your health by learning how to apply some techniques on yourself is empowering. The only thing that does not take place is physical touch.
What is shiatsu?
Shiatsu is an effective and deeply relaxing form of Japanese acupressure massage. It combines techniques from both East and West healing traditions.
Physical, emotional and energetic ’congestion’ can arise from illness, stress, diet, injury, lack of exercise or lifestyle choices. Symptoms can manifest as pain and tension which have a limiting effect on our lives. If left unattended these can result in further symptoms, a sense of dis-ease between body and mind and may develop into a chronic condition.
A regular shiatsu session online or face-2-face can make a real difference to your quality of life, physically, emotionally and psychologically. It provides a framework for positive changes to take place, as the body’s natural ability to repair is encouraged to re-establish balance and help restore health.
How many treatments will I need?
One session may be all that is needed but usually a series of six is suggested to allow the shiatsu to deepen and take effect. Regular shiatsu treatments help prevent the build-up of stress in daily life.
What do I need to do to prepare for the session?
Ensure that you have a quite space where you can lie down on the floor or sit in a chair uninterrupted for up to 30 minutes. Have some water and a blanket nearby to keep warm during the remote shiatsu. If you have a tennis ball, bring that along as we may use it. Please wear loose comfortable clothing i.e. jogging bottoms, top and socks, and not eat heavily directly beforehand.