Joint Mobilisations techniques for the older adult: A CPD workshop
This continual professional workshop will give you the confidence to work with older adults that are frail and those who are less mobile. You will learn safe and effective joint mobilisations and stretches that will improve their mobility and stability. This will help to increase the range and ease of movement needed for everyday tasks. These gentle techniques work deep into the joint and improve health by promoting blood flow and reducing joint pain and tension.
We will work on a table through clothes, as no oil is required. The techniques are informed by shiatsu and can be easily integrated into your current form of bodywork.
How will I benefit?
- Expand your client base to work with older adults
- Develop your bodywork skills
- Learn how to work with fraility (of any age)
- Improve your working posture
- Learn techniques to reduce tension and improve blood circulation
What will I learn?
- How to differentiate between the natural ageing process and illness
- How to give a safe and effective treatment in supine and sitting positions
- Review relevant anatomy of the joints
- How to promote greater mobility and joint stability
- Useful self-help exercises and tips for your clients
Who is this workshop suitable for?
This workshop is for participants who already hold the ITEC Holistic Massage diploma or equivalent. Before booking on this course, please complete an online assessment, on the City Lit website, to check that this course is the right level for you. (see: To Book).
Do I have to bring anything with me?
Please wear loose comfortable clothing and suitable shoes.
When I’ve finished, what course can I do next?
Any of the CPD or bodywork related courses at The City Lit: Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Deep Tissue Massage, Advanced Massage using Sports Massage techniques or Lymphatic Drainage Massage. Or chose from a wide range of modalities offered on our website.